Thursday, April 15, 2010

Laura Beach October 17, 2009

On Saturday October 17, 2009, we went to Laura Beach with the Lytles, Bells, Hewstones, and Sister Diane Teichert.  Everyone brought something to share for a picnic lunch.  Elder Hewstones seranaded us on his harmonica by playing "Waltzing Matilda" and Diane sang along.  As you can see, the beach is made up of tiny bits of coral.  I also got a picture of a little hermit crab eating some coconut that someone left on the beach.  Sister Lytle, Sister Teichert, Sister Bell and I found some cool looking clam shells along with other shells.  The clam shells have scallops on them - almost like ruffles on the shells.  I didn't take a picture of them but I have a huge collection of them now.  Gary spent most of the time cleaning up the beach as much as he could (surprise). Here are the Hewstones walking out on the reef.And here is Gilligan, I mean Gary, searching for buried treasure?I guess not, just a life raft with a huge hole in it.
A few more views of Laura Beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment