Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Grandson!!!

Congratulations Megan and Adam!  A new baby boy for you and a new grandson for us! 

When I got to work this morning and turned on my computer, I noticed my Skype connection was taking a long time to connect.  I also couldn't connect to the internet.  Then Skype finally connected and I noticed that Rhiannon and Megan had called me.  Something must be up.  Maybe the baby came overnight and I didn't get to hear first hand about the birth.  I noticed Rhiannon had called me just ten minutes before I had got to my office so I tried her first.  No answer but I did leave a message.  Then I called Megan.  She answered and told me they had gone to the doctor that morning and was told to get to the hospital right away.  They had called me on their way to the hospital and left their message on the Skype voicemail at 5:00 a.m. Majuro time.  She also told me that the hospital nurses said she would probably have a quick labor.  Wow, it sure was.  Rhiannon called me back when she was just pulling into the parking lot.  I didn't get to talk to her for very long because Adam was calling her.  Then about an hour and a half later later Rhiannon called back.  I thought it would be just an update of what was happening but she said, "He was born at 3:04 p.m."  What? She had the baby?  I couldn't believe it was so fast!  Six pounds eight ounces and eighteen inches long.  Healthy Baby Boy!  I can't wait to see him.  Thank you Megan and Rhiannon for keeping me informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment