Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane - Sheng Rang

One of the callings that Gary and I have is Stake YSA advisors.  In March, 2010 we had a Long Island Ward Family Home Evening in our home. 
 Serena  Bellu, Kory Marshall, me, Sheng Rang, Ruson Mewa met with us on this night.  This was Sheng's last FHE before he left for his mission.
On Easter Sunday, we had Sheng, Elder Waqatairewa, and Elder Jaksina over for dinner. Just the week before, Sheng had asked me if I could sew a button on his jacket.  This was the suit jacket that he took to the MTC.  He didn't have a button for me and I wasn't sure if I had one that would work.  Fortunately, I had all of Gary's Grandma Wood's buttons with my sewing supplies and found one button that matched perfectly.  I mailed those buttons off to my daughter Rhiannon before I left Illinois but I put the wrong address on the box.  It was forwarded here to Majuro.  That one button came in handy and I'm thankful that it was put to good use. 
 This pic is a little blurry because of the lighting.  Our last look at Sheng as he is going through security at the Majuro airport.
And off he goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment